Dearne Valley Chiropractic Clinic
   
Daniel David Palmer (March 7, 1845 – October 20, 1913) was the founder of chiropractic.

The term 'Chiropractor' was coined from two Greek words: 'hand' (cheiros) and 'done by' (praktos), together meaning 'done by hand'.

Palmer's son, B J Palmer helped build Palmer College in
Davenport, Iowa, into one of the largest Chiropractic
Colleges in the United States. His patients included
US Presidents and business leaders from all over the world.
His college grew from 24 students in 1906 to 3,100 in 1923.

Today, there are over 25 chiropractic institutions throughout
the world and at any given time more then 10,000 students.

Since 2001 the title of 'Chiropractor' has been protected by
law and it is a criminal offence, liable to prosecution, to
describe oneself as any sort of chiropractor without being
registered with the General Chiropractic Council.
 
© Dearne Valley Chiropractic Clinic 2012